What are the post-treatment processes for 3D printed tungsten products?
In addition to printing organic materials such as nylon, plastic and resin, 3D printing technology (additive manufacturing) can also print stainless steel, aluminum alloy powder, titanium alloy powder and tungsten alloy powder. In the case of tungsten powder, additive manufacturing can effectively make up for the shortcomings of powder metallurgy process, such as the inability to produce parts with complex shapes and the general properties of products, but it does not mean that the products manufactured by this method are perfect, and its application in some fields is still limited. Therefore, in order to meet the needs of more customers, additive tungsten products often need to do post-processing. What are the post-treatment processes?
1, polishing: it is the most commonly used polishing method. Although 3D printing technology has high precision, it can not avoid layer-by-layer accumulation of grain, so it is necessary to use sandpaper or other polishing machine for grinding.
2. Surface sandblasting: the operator holds the nozzle to aim at the tungsten products for polishing, the machine can smooth the surface of the model by high-speed injection of small beads, and the speed is fast.
3. Vibration polishing: the principle is to achieve polishing by the collision friction between the model and the medium.
4. Retouch 3D: Retouch 3D is an electric heating tool. The tool head is heated to high temperature and then touches the position to be polished to achieve the polishing effect.
5, bonding: the disassembly printing needs to be bonded, first use glue to smear the parts that need to be bonded, and then use rubber bands to bind, so that the bonded products can avoid gaps or rough contact.
6. Coloring: Tungsten parts manufactured by 3D printing technology are usually gray and black, so if you want other colors, you need to paint them.
7. Electroplating: it can make the surface layer of tungsten parts get more functions such as oxidation resistance, wear resistance, etc., and also repair the original defects.