Tungsten alloy shield for gamma knife
Tungsten alloy shield for gamma knife includes tungsten alloy collimator and its assembly block, which have smooth surface, fine size and reliable quality.
Gamma knife is based on the principle of stereoscopic geometry, the normal or diseased intracranial tissue is selectively identified as the target, and the gamma-ray produced by cobalt-60 is used for one-time large dose focused irradiation to produce focal necrosis or functional change, so as to achieve the purpose of disease treatment. However, ionizing radiation has a damaging effect on human body, and excessive radiation exposure will cause harm to human body. Therefore, a safe and reliable protective material, tungsten alloy, is necessary.
Tungsten alloy shield has the advantages of high density, high hardness and strong ray absorption ability, which is the first choice for radiation shielding. It can be used in both medical and industrial fields. Tungsten alloys provide better shielding properties than traditional shielding materials such as lead.
Advantages of medical tungsten alloy shielding parts
1. Ratio: density up to 18.8g/cm3.
2. Strong ray shielding ability: at the same thickness condition, the ray shielding ability of tungsten alloy is 1.7 times more than that of lead, and the stronger the ray, the more obvious the difference between the two ray shielding ability.
3. Environmental protection and non-toxic: production and use of tungsten alloy shielding parts, will not harm human health; Lead is toxic.
4. High strength: the tensile strength is 700-1000MPa.
5. Good shaping, machinability and weldability.
6. High thermal conductivity: the thermal conductivity is 5 times of die steel.
7. Small coefficient of thermal expansion: the coefficient of thermal expansion is 4-6×10^-6/℃, only 1/2-1/3 of iron or steel.